Scope of the Special Session
Molecular biology produces huge amounts of data in the post-genomic era. This includes data describing metabolic mechanisms and pathways, structural genomic organization, patterns of regulatory regions; proteomics, transcriptomics, and metabolomics. On the one hand, analysis of this data uses essentially the methods and concepts of computer science; on the other hand, the range of biological tasks solved by researchers determines the range and scope of the data. Integrative Bioinformatics is a new area of research using the tools of computer science and electronic infrastructure applied to Biotechnology.
We solicit submissions that describe the use of Immersive Analytics for data analysis in biology and Bioinformatics – potential topics include (but are not limited to):
- Virtual and Augmented Reality approaches for data analysis
- Semi- and fully immersive data exploration
- Metabolic and Regulatory Network Modelling and Simulation
- Data Integration and Text Mining Approaches
- Signal Pathways and Cell Control
- Network Analysis
- Medical Informatics, Biomedicine and Biotechnology
- Integrative whole cell and molecular modelling
- Visual Analytics, Visualization, and Animation
The special session proceedings can be found here!